Monday, December 12, 2005

An Alternative Medicine

I always believe alternative medicine more than modern medicine. I know I sound like I'm betraying my biomedical engineering background which involving modern technologies and artificial organ, but this is my opinion. It's not like I don't believe modern medicine at all, I still go to clinics and hospitals, but I think alternative medicine is better in long term. Alternative medicine like acupuncture, reflexology and recently (actually I've known this a long time but I found it very painful) bekam or Al-Hijamah (in arabic. I don't what it called in english so I left it as bekam) has been used in our society for a long time.

Today I've experinced bekam. Bekam means that you let go all the angin (air doesn't sound right) or blood in your body. Before this, I've done the one where it only release angin from your body. That was a painful experience and I only did once even though my dad asked me to do it again. It was done by a village folk. He used cups (the kind that you used to drink in your house. No special cup.) to suck out the angin. It left a red round mark on your body. The intensity of the colour depends on how much your angin at that part. It's very traditional way and I think very painful. Even though my asthma deceased (and almost stop) after that, but I won't do it again coz I couldn't stand the painful experience.

So today, I tried a method that sucks out your dirty blood. I only did this after being persuaded by my mom, dad and brother (actually when my brother said that pimples stopped grow on his face after doing bekam that convinced me). What do you expect, sucking out angin was very painful, imagine sucking out blood (with needles and all that). We when to the one at TTDI called Akubekam. First, they checked your nails and eyes. They actually can tell your disease by just looking at your eyes and nails. I was skeptic at first but all the things she said about me was true. I was impressed.

Firstly, they did on your back (coz I have problems in the neck and stomach). The needle they used was new, so no need to be worried of any infection (it was very small needle, no need to be scared here). When they poked the needle, it was not painful, it felt like ants biting you. So I relieved to know that (let's just say that I'm not very fond of injection). After that they did it at my nose (coz I have sinus). She showed me what came out and it's not very pretty sight (frozen dark red blood can be seen, pretty gross actually. It actually contains toxic from your body). I couldn't believe my eyes coz I didn't think my sinus was THAT bad. Hehe. But it's leave the same red round mark on my nose (now I'm stuck in the house coz I looked funny).

Well, the overall experience was not painful compared to the first one. I even might do it again. The place is very hygenic and they steriled every equipment used. Futhermore, they used special cups that can control the power of sunction. But the downside of this place is it's very expensive. One visit costs almost RM 200. Even though they asked to come every 2 weeks, but I don't think people will come that often. Maybe once a month or once in 6 weeks is okay.

I can't tell you if I'm cured after the bekam coz I just did this evening (only miracle can immediately cure your disease after treatment). But my shoulder and neck (where the bekam has been done) felt lighter a bit

I recommend bekam to those who has disease like asthma, sinus, arthitis and others. But I think the most important is that you believe and have faith in any treatment you do. Coz the mind and body works together. If you don't believe, you won't felt any difference or cured even though your have the best medicine a man can have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're getting on well with getting some 'things' off your mind, no? Heheh

muNm said...

Yup, some things did get off so were some problems. hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...