Monday, December 19, 2005

Afraid of Nothing

I always afraid of water. Especially calm water like lakes. (But of course I love beaches and sea coz it has wave and the main point is, it's not calm). The reason I afraid of water because I don't know how to swim. (And the reason I afraid of lakes is another story which does not relate with swimming. Malas la nak cite.... nanti org gelak psl alasan dier tak logik.)

I've learned swimming before, when I was in primary school. But I only went to 3-4 classes before I stopped. The reason I stopped was that there's a third person who against it (not my parents!). So whenever I go to beaches or swimming pool nowadays, I just stick to the shallow part which my feet can feel the ground. And whenever I tried to float my body, I always afraid that I would sink (not that I'm fat and heavy). So I stopped and gave up trying to swim. At the end, I just sit by the pool watching my brother happily swimming.

Then, I woke up one morning decided that I wanted to learn scuba diving and get the license. After getting my mom approval, I started my plan. First of all, I need to know how to swim. But the feeling of scare still haunt me until finally I dare myself to learn swimming again.

Today was my first lesson. I was tense. Then the coach asked me to float. I can floated in just one try. I was surprised. So was the coach. Then I realized, all this while I can float but afraid to do it. Surprisingly, I did quite well for the first lesson and the coach started to doubt that if I really don't know how to swim (Ok, I exaggerated here. Well, he did mention that I'm quite fast compared to other students).

Today's lesson, 'Don't be afraid of something before you try it'.

Oh, yeah... the reason I'm afraid of lakes is I don't know what's inside of the lake. It might be monster or big long snake or whatever (I was influenced by tv too much). The worse times of my life when my family went holidaying in Lake Toba, Medan and Lake Pedu, Kedah. I shivered everytimes I came close to the lakes. Please dad, no more holiday by the lakes...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...