Friday, July 28, 2006

Beauty and the Beast - The Japanese Story

Past few days I was hooked with the jdorama Densha Otoko. It's a story about a otoko (the "nice guy" class of Japanese geeks who wish to lead normal lives, but are too shy to find a girlfriend, or speak openly anywhere but online) who fell in love with a beutiful girl and seek help from single men thread on advices to get the girl. It was nice story though. It was said that this story based on true story. I don't know if it's true.

What interesting about this story is that it no matter how weird a person is, he/she has feelings and wanted to be loved. It just that they didn't know how to please people and end up making fool of themselves. Okay, seriously otoko is a bit weird to my taste. Even though it's hard to find one here, but I had a few friends that totally into the world of anime and manga. (That's including Naqib, I'm afraid). I like anime but I don't watch everything. I just picked ones that interesting and I don't buy figurines and dream of having a boyfriend like one of the character in anime. I knew someone who dream of having an anime character for a girlfriend. It's so ridiculous.

See, when you made yourself look weird like that (let's not talk about the appearence side coz it would took another one long paragraph about it), you cannot blame the female population to not like you. So sometimes you have to change to be accepted. In this story, the guy still be otoko at the end (with the figurines all around him) but at least he changed his appearance.

It's a very touching and warm story especially the part where densha otoko seeked help from his internet friends and they really care about him. It makes you wish that you had friends like them. Friends that never let you give up and went all out to make you happy.

Those who haven't watched it, why don't you try to watch it. It's only 11 episodes and I love the theme songs, very addictive. Hehe.



Look at the different of those 2 peoples. Unbelievable... (This guy remind me of 2 guys that I know. Hehe)



3 otoko, best friends...

(please men, don't wear like this)

5 comments:

phahmeen said...

u shud watch Densha otoko the Movie....

Bob said...

Yeah it is based on a true story. Though I can't help but think it was like a "Blair Witch Project" type thing where the whole thing was staged. I mean, you'd think the original Densha would have shown himself by now. But anyway, if you want to read the original posts you can see an english translation here: http://www.rinji.tv/densha/

Also, just FYI, if you are interested the movie version is going to be released in the US in January.

muNm said...

thanks for the info bob n phahmeen. Definitely going to find the movie after this.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site »

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...