Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tricking 2 years old



How do you trick a 2 years old girl to bath in hot spring water?

My niece is having skin problem since she was a baby. Her mother has taken her to various doctors to cure her disease but no avail. So another solution is to bath her with hot spring water. It's good for your skin coz it has many minerals in there. We've tried this before to my brother who has same problem when he was a baby too (so this things run in the family I guess. Thank God I'm ok). But you have to be persistent and consistent then it works la.

After deciding which place we wanted to go, we ended up in Pedas (it was bad idea coz we stucked in traffic jam all the way from Nilai to Pedas- thanks to the long Chinese New Year holiday!). Before this, Pedas Hot Spring Water was in sad state. It has a building for bathing and pools for feet-dipping. The number of visitors can be counted in one hand. But that was 10 years ago. Now, it was transform into a theme park and the hot spring water was just one of the attraction.

So, we have brainwashed my little niece into thinking that pergi mandi air panas was the best thing ever and we succeed. Next, how to make sure she want to go into the pool. Our plan was to distract her first at the theme park before taking her to the hot spring water. Since I'm the youngest one after my niece and not pregnant, the job fell on me (I knew this was coming, thank God I brought my bathing clothes). I played with her in the kids' pool then we decided to bring her to the pool.

Since I was with her all morning, she was nice to me and followed me everywhere (very surprising, considering I'm always her last choice). When I put my legs in the water, me, as an adult (first time mengaku adult), felt that the water was HOOTT!! My niece can't wait to follow me and immediately put her legs in the water. When she felt the hotness of the water she immediately jumped out and screamed TAAAKKKNNAAKKk. Then I hold her while she kept on screaming and my mom washed her with that water. Firstly, she just screamed and when she knew that we won't stop, she started crying hysterically. Everybody stopped doing what they were doing and looked at us (Today is Chinese New Year holiday and that place was packed). Oh my God, I was embarassed. My niece was hugging me and looking at me for help. I felt sympathy to her too but this is what we have to do. Finally my dad said it was enough and he took her for a walk to cool her down.

For post mortem on the way back, we concluded that our plan was back fired. Bringing her to the theme park first was a big mistake. The theme park pool water was cold, so when we were coming from cold water to hot water, we can feel the big difference which was happening today. So the conclusion, my brother has to bring his own daughter next time and come on weekdays (coz it will be less people to witness the torture). No more golfing okay. Gee, what an experience.

(I noticed that lately my post was started with a question. Why ah?)

1 comment:

muNm said...

thank God my niece tak yah nak bribe. skrang idol dier masih Barney, so masih selamat lg dr segala keganasan dlm rumah. hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...