Monday, January 02, 2006

Peterpan Concert

Last night, on the 1st of January 2006, I went to my first new year concert, the Peterpan concert. I'm not a big fan of Peterpan, I knew few of their songs and can't remember any lyrics except few words from each song. But Zainal got 2 free tickets so I agreed to see the concert.

It was raining all evening until night. We knew the concert would be delayed. At the ticket it was stated 8 pm but Peterpan only came out around 9.20pm. The opening acts were Pretty Ugly and Gerhana Ska Cinta which belted out few songs. By that time, it's still raining and being a non-fanatical fan, we avoided the grass and tried to squeeze under the roof.

Ok, this is the best part of the concert. I got a stomachache. In all the places and all the time in the world, it happened at this moment. It's not the normal kind, it's the one that felt like something poking your stomach at both side. God, what's wrong with me. It can't be gastric coz I just had 1901 New York Chicken hotdogs before I came here. I can't help it but I have to go to toilet. (I'm not going to tell you about the toilet, not a pretty sight). But it's not about going to toilet or whatever it want. It just won't go away. Zainal was looking at me in this please-don't-do-or-ask-stupid-stuff-at-this-moment kind of expression. Nevertheless, he's kind enough to ask me if I'm ok. I tried to smile and told him I'm ok.

Now, let's talk about the concert itself. Like what I said before, I knew only few of their songs. So most of the time I was like what's this song? I looked at Zainal and he looked puzzled too. (Then he whispered that he's sleepy). When the songs I knew came out, I was like I know this song. Haha. The highlight of this concert was when Too Phat came out singing Dua Dunia between Ku Katakan dengan Indah (I think that's the song la). I was like it's Too Phat!!!!! Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Too Phat (more than Peterpan obviously). The only song that I can sing along were Ada Apa denganmu and Mungkin Nanti. The rest was just thumping my foot following the music. At 10.30pm, Zainal asked me if I wanted to go. I was relieved when he asked me that. I found out that he has headache and tired coz he just came back from Bukit Tinggi.

Now that I'm out of that place (I won't go to any concert in Stadium Merdeka anymore. The traffic, parking and area....don't get me started), my stomachache was also gone. What the hell was that? Hmmm....

No offence to Peterpan (your concert was great and all, but I'm not just one of your fan. Your songs are nice but I get bored after few songs. It's just not my cup of coffee).


View from my seat.


He has been so patient to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...