Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring break trip: episode 0

Tomorrow is the last day of my spring break. From next week until the end of semester life will be hectic again. But I looking forward to May. Beside my birthday on that month, I'll be heading home on Zainal's birthday. But of course I only arrive 2 days after that.

Spring break was not wasted, in fact it's on of the best holiday I had. What's so good about this trip was I didn't do any research where to go or what to do. You know what good about doing it? You don't get frustrated if things didn't go your way and you enjoy your holiday more by just followed the flow. Furthermore, I get to meet my friends that I have not seen for 2 years and 8 years.

I would like to thank Nida for such a wonderful trip. Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed, being my photographer (since my camera officially unused), being my tour guide, being co-driver, rent a car for this purpose only and plan everything. Thank you too for taking me to meet the wonderful Malaysians there and fulfill my desire to eat halal KFC. Hehe. I love you gal!

I would like to thank my high school friend, Sudesh, who letting us to stay in his apartment and took us out hanging out with other cool Malaysians. They were nice and friendly bunch of people.

On this trip, I learned how to drive the Michigan way: If you are slow, the trucks will overtake you. Hehe. I'm glad NC doesn't has this many crazy trucks on the road. At one time Nida asked me why didn't I overtake the truck? I simply said I'm scared of the big trucks. She just laughed and said I can't drive in MI.

Well, having said that, I drove 3 hours from Chicago to Ypsilanti but just 1 hour before we arrived, I was sleepy like mad and I think Nida could see that by on how I drove. (Seriously if I was Nida, I would be scared to death). One thing about US highways is that it's easy to drive over speed limit as it's long and straight (at one time I drove to almost 90 miles/hr (145 km/hr) before I realized it). When the road is straight, you tend to get bored easily and start to feel sleepy.

Maybe I shall write about the trip soon.

1 comment:

before i die i want to said...

www.beforeidieiwantto.org

Come tell us what you want to do before you die! click on "submit", and we hope to see your photo soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...