Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How do you live today?

During my tenure in previous office, the company offered share options to all the employees. I exercised the right when the economy was flourishing in the end of 2007. I gained quite a lot of returns I might said. Having some financial knowledge, I decided to invest the money I got from that stock options. Well, stock exchange required a consistent market watch and studies, so I decided to invest in not so risk investment which is unit trust.

Deciding to put that certain amount of money was a tough decision when my other colleague used that money to beautify her car and other personal stuffs. But I made my decision soon before I changed my mind. Now the economy has plummeted, my unit trust price has also drop. Well, this is long term investment so it's something that I anticipated too.

But then, last week, I have this thought about living-your-life-at-this-moment thing. I mean, I might not seems like one but I always thought about the future and plan for that rather than living the moment right now. Of course you must plan for your future but sometimes you miss all the fun of being spontaneous. So I made this decision.

I want to go scuba diving this summer and get that long overdue license.

Now this is the time for me for not thinking about future for once and do something that I really really wanted even though financially we should not be so spendthrift at this moment coz I have so much plan in the future. But at this era we live in where there are so many medical advancement but at the same time the incurable disease sprung out like deadolin in spring. Cancer is no longer old man disease. At this moment of life, how do you know you will live to 70s? Your appendic removal might turn fatal. The small lump in your armpit might turn cancerous. You eat this to avoid that but at the same time doesn't prevent another thing.

Therefore, live your life now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...