Saturday, May 02, 2009

TV junkie

I'm a TV junkie. No doubt about it. Not having cable in US has caused almost depression for me initially. You see, if you don't have a cable here, you almost didn't get any channel at all. I have a TV in my room which can receive 3 channels only. The most clearest one is the one that similar to TV Pendidikan in Malaysia. The only channel I watched was ABC (which is not that clear anyway) which has Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I've bought 3 types of antenna and even bought a HD converter to get clear signal. But at the end, all of these have to be returned as it won't give any significant improvement for me to watch TV.

I followed a lot of series and sitcoms. From 90210, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, to reality shows like American Next Top Models, Akademi Fantasia (thanks to Jiwang Torrent), American Idol, and the sitcoms like The Office, 30 Rock, How I Meet Your Mother, Two and a Half Man, and many more. The latest sitcom is The Big Bang Theory (thanks to my friend, Jeff who introduced me to this series). I've finished watching the whole Season 1 in 2 days and now half way through Season 2.

But, next semester, I'm going to subscribe cable. Just a basic one will do so I don't have to wait to watch in their website or download it. No one will stop me now. I don't care.

However, there's few series that I've stopped watching since I came here which are CSI and Criminal Minds. The thing is when you were watching in Malaysia, you know all that gruesome murders happened thousand miles from you. But now, I'm at this particular place where the stories took place. I know it's fictional but somehow it's based from true stories too. I have been reading too much about real murders before this that I know there are some people out there who is psycho. Even in Malaysia we have this kind of people. Remember Nurin?

Durham not exactly the safest city in US. In fact, based from City-data.com, Durham crime index is above the average of US crime index. You don't have to be a genius to see that. Just take a bus and stop at the downtown, you know what I mean. I pray everyday to Allah to protect me.

Ok, what crime has to do with being a TV junkie. Out of topic, as usual.

Ps: Ok, I'm bored. I should start packing my stuff, but I'm so lazy to do that. But I've bought boxes at Home Depot for only $0.67 each. Yeay for me!

Pps: Maybe I should swim at Duke gym to improve my stamina so my body won't be in shock when she hits the salt water end of this month. Did I tell you that scuba plan is on again. Double yeay for me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...