Monday, May 04, 2009

Birthday in Uncle Sam's Land

Thank you Allah for giving me another year to live and grow in this world. Officially I'm 26 years old now. Technically I was 26 years old 12 hours ago as I was born in Malaysia not US but since geographically I'm in US, so I'll be using the GMT-0500 to establish my official birthday date.

This year it would be different. This is the first time I celebrated by birthday away from my loved ones and my beloved country. This is new experience for me and I will embrace it positively. I mean why sulk when you can't do anything about it. For a change this is an opportunity for me to see who really remember my birthday without having me physically be there to remember it. Haha.

Anyway, you could not expect every year to be wonderful birthdays right. There would be some special ones and some just plain birthday. I don't have excellent memory but I remember some good things happened in few of my birthdays. Like in 1997, during my last birthday party, I actually received a science kit for my birthday. WTH? Was I that nerd? In 1999, I got this unexpected birthday gift from someone that I have no idea that care about me even though we were not in the same school anymore. In 2002, Zainal asked me to be his girlfriend and boom, 6 years and 362 days later, we are husband and wife. In 2006, that was the first time I actually could celebrated birthday with my Tengs sisters. Before this all my birthdays fell in semester holidays. Sucks I know. In 2008, I celebrated my birthday as a wife for the first time.

Ahh.. remembering all these memories really put a smile on my face tonight. I felt blissful for having these wonderful people surrounding me. I actually didn't mind being alone tonight. I thanked Allah again for the wonderful 26 years of my life. I wouldn't want to trade it with anyone else.

"Reality. It's so much more interesting than living happily ever after." Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy.

2 comments:

drEamLoVer said...

Happy belated birthday mun!hehe..sorry for the late wish..didn't get the chance to browse the net..very exhausted from trip & work!btw..saw your ticker and have fun in msia!!

p/s:nak ikut!!!! =(

muNm said...

Lina, thanks for your wish. Tak sabar2 nak balik M'sia ni... Jom2 ikut i balik skali.. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...