Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Retail therapy

I never know the power of retail therapy until now especially in States. Shopping has become my therapy in overcoming loneliness, boredom and anger. I won't go to the expensive stores coz not able to buy would lead to sadness. The purpose of therapy is to cure not to add salt to the wound.

So after class I would go shopping. Like twice a week. Then weekend is another trip. Most of the time I don't buy anything or I just buy something cheap to feel that I don't waste so much time. I don't care if you feel pathetic or what but it's how I survived for 4 months alone here.

Because of this activity, I don't mind spending hours at one store by just looking around. I know it's waste of time but rather than feeling blues and depress, at least I'm happy. And the positive side of it, I have many cheap but beautiful clothes that you really need to dig to find that treasure.

The retail therapy doesn't have to be at brick and mortar stores, it can be online too. Back home, Amazon and eBay won't send the items there and you have to time 3.6 to get the real price but here, you can buy everything and you don't need to time 3.6 (sometimes I do just to compare the price). Craiglist is another favourite site of mine. Since right now is the season of students moving out, many items are very cheap. Luckily I don't have a truck, if not I would have couch, futon, bed, drawer ready for fall semester.

But right now, after discovering a free place to store my stuff (thanks to William), I started to collect my own furniture to be ready for new apartment in next semester. The thing is all the stuff is so cheap and I know I won't find this cheap stuff in the beginning of semester when everybody is looking for same stuff as me. Right now, I'm buying things that can fit my car. If only a couch can fit into my car...

I wish this angry feeling will go away soon. Before I started buying more stuff. Like iPod Touch.

Ps: Goat's milk taste the same no matter if it's in raw form of powder form. Don't get cheated by the 'creamy, great tasting' tagline. Well, have to endure it for the sake of stronger immunization against swine flu.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...