Sunday, January 27, 2013

The surprise farewell

I thought today was going to be another normal weekend. We were planning to have a lunch with Zainal's ex-colleagues at The Curve and maybe some shopping after that. We arrived 15 minutes before 1pm and since Zainal said they were planning to meet at Marche around 1pm, we walked around the flee market to see if I can find something for my company's Crazy Hat Party this Thursday. I guessed Zainal was hungry so he suggested to go to the Marche right away. 

Upon entering Marche, I saw a lady that was smiling and waving at me. I thought I've seen this lady before but is she Zainal's colleague? Then I saw Intan and Dhira and I was like, hey, you guys are here! Don't know that everyone decided to eat at Marche today. After that I saw Sue, Sara (she's the lady that smiled and waved at me!) and lastly Mas. I was like heyyyyy.... ape ni? One of the lady, couldn't remember who said, surprise!! This is a surprise for you. I was like ??????? I was speechless. Didn't know what to say and saw the cake. Tears was just at the corner of my eyes but I hold back of course (don't want this to be a joke later.. haha).

The cake and the gift basket
I was never in the position of being surprised. I don't know how to react and what to do. I'm actually quite blur the whole lunch. I couldn't even think of what to eat. I was actually surprised and overwhelming with so much love thinking that my girlfriends took time to organize and make it all the way to The Curve. And my husband, wow, he can really keep a secret and knows how to cover the whole surprise lunch.

Thank you so much for the best surprise farewell lunch. I love you, ladies. You make me harder to leave thinking that I'm leaving such a wonderful best friends. Last but not least, the gift basket. Love it! The truth is, most the items in the basket are the items that I'm planning to buy, including the basket. I'm bringing all of that to Miri :)

Love you gals :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...