Sunday, January 20, 2013

The anniversary dinner

For us, celebrating our anniversary is something that we always look forward to. We tried to plan a holiday somewhere around it and if time (or money) not permitted, we will have a nice dining plan out. For this year, holiday was not planned as I will be moving soon, so we decided to have a good dinner to celebrate our fifth anniversary.

I told my husband to surprise me. He ruled out any buffet as I'm on my PB diet and finally he told me that we are going to Tanzini in G Tower. Honestly that was my first time hearing that restaurant and after looking at the online review, I was excited to go.

Tanzini is situated at the 28th floor of the G Tower and has 2 floors. The Upper Deck is serving the set course meal only and the lower one is the ala carte menu. Husband chose the upper deck as it is more private and have better view. 

The set menu consist of 4, 5 or 6 courses that you can choose. We chose the 5 course meals and beef and lamb as our main course. Then I ordered their specialty drink, Tanzini T - black tea, strawberry (with real strawberry floating), mint and pomegranate syrup. I really looovveee it. Husband ordered apple juice with lemon glass and it's just ok.

The first course was smoked salmon. It was delicious. In fact it was one of the best course that night. Then the waiter served our starter, mine was dried scallops with something something and Zainal was duck with something something. Well, it was ok. Next was the baby kailan soup with crispy chicken. He poured the soup in front of us to ensure that the crispy chicken didn't not turn soggy swimming in the soup. Between the soup and main course, the waiter served us watermelon sorbet to rinse our taste palate before the main. I don't like sorbet, so I didn't enjoy it. Then our main was served. I chose lamb while Zainal chose beef tenderloin. My lamb was so tender with some grill taste outside. It was so yummy. Compared to husband beef tenderloin which I think is just average, the lamb is better. Lastly was the dessert. The huge disappointment. It was a scope of ice cream on top of chocolate cookies and reddish. The ice cream and cookies was ok, but the reddish, omg, seriously just spoiled my whole experience of the food that night. Maybe I don't like reddish but man, that's not dessert!

For left top: My delicious drink Tanzini T, smoked salmon, the starters, sorbet, Zainal's beef tenderloin, dessert and my lamb. In the middle is the kailan soup.

Despite the limited food choice in the upper deck session, I love the restaurant. The ambiance was so romantic, with high ceiling glass ceiling where you can see KLCC in front of you. The couch as the seat where we can cuddle (if only the waiter stopped coming checking on us) and the hanging round lights in the middle of the room made the whole place very cozy. You can also hang out at the balcony before you leave enjoying the soft breeze of KL night skyline. There were 2 couples including us only for that night and made us felt like we own that place. 

The ambiance

The service was excellent. The waiter was very attentive, checking on us so many times, explaining what is the dish that have just served and took time to take a lot of our pictures. The best part was when we ordered a beef dish, he came back to us and told us that dish was marinated with wine. So he told us to change it and gave us different menu. 

On side note, I always respect and have a high admiration to restaurants that are very sensitive to their customers religion belief and inform them the ingredients. I found out that how I dress, for example like me which is wearing a hijab, always save me in restaurants. Few restaurants that I went, Tanzini, Alexis, Chocolate Bar at Marina Bay Sand in Singapore and few others, has warned me that certain dish in their menu has alcohol as ingredient. The funny part is they informed me but not my husband (in the case of Chocolate Bar). So I always believe if we dress as a Muslim, we will be respected as one too.

Back to the Tanzini, overall the food and the ambiance there was above my expectation. I really enjoy our dinner last night. 

Thank you husband for the great dinner and as my lifelong companion. Happy 5th anniversary and may our love last till Jannah. Love you bunch <3 p="p">


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...