Friday, November 30, 2007

The Wedding Invitation

When you are planning for something, time flies so fast. Before you realize, you event is coming closer than you think. Although you are excited about the event, you also need to rush for everything single thing that need to be taken care of. Seriously banyak benda okay...

The one thing that need to have during a wedding is invitation cards. I don't know if people have invitation card for akad nikah, but I have. I think it's quite important since open house pun ada invitation card, ni kan pulak your own wedding. In a wedding, akad nikah is the main part while reception is the second part of it. I mean akad nikah la when you are officially married.

My idea of perfect akad nikah invitation card would be just a piece of card, something like a postcard. Anything fancier than that considered too much for akad nikah. And for me, it shouldn't have map to my house. Because if you don't know how to come to my house, you are definitely not in the list of 'families, neighbours & very close friends'. So the purpose of the invitation card is to tell when is the event. Other than that, they should know about it already.

So I went hunting for my 'perfect' akad nikah invitation card. Apparently there are not many card that like a postcard kind of thing. Then I found this wedding card in Bangi that has the card of my criteria. But, (there's always has but) for 100 pieces or less, they quote me RM2.60 and if 500 pieces and above, they quote me RM1. WTH? And I don't think the card worth RM2.60. If RM1, yes la.

Then suddenly I have an idea (actually, it was that shop's idea. hehe). Why don't I make my own card? Since I love this paper craft thingie. I asked uncle google for idea and finally I discovered that if we print on vellum paper, we can save a lot of ink. Vellum paper is a thin paper that look like tracing paper. So when you print, you can set your printer to draft mode and faster printing mode (it will use less ink). Since it's thin paper, it takes longer time if you use normal mode, but if you change the mode, it will dry faster.

But I couldn't find vellum paper since the uncle google said that vellum paper can be found in Jalan Pasar or near that and I don't have time to go there, so I just bought tracing paper. It's cheaper and I think it works as good as vellum paper. (when I compare la).

Then I bought other materials to make my card & envelope. At the same time, Zainal helped me as my pemotong kertas and voila! my cards is finished (actually I got few cards to go). I make 100 of them and this is exclusively for those who are invited to my akad nikah. The best part of printing of your own wedding invitation is, you got to print for invitees name on the card, making it very personal. And you can choice your own font. Not like the usual font you always find on wedding invitations. Hehe...

Anyway, this is my card...
My precious akad nikah invitation
And this cutie envelope...

The best part of this, it costs around RM0.60 only per card!

So anybody wants to order from me? (this could be my part time business... hehe)



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

do i get one? hahahahaha...just kidding! nice and simple. So how? sure can't wait for the BIG day right? All the best!

muNm said...

kak nurul, i think abah will give at pak sham which represent u & the whole family... hehe...

can't wait the big day.... mcm u dulu la... & thanks

Anonymous said...

Congratulation......

tis will be a huge moment for u n husband...

tis will represent a symbol of love, truth, loyalty and most importantly SUNNAH......

Welkam to da group...huhuhu....

Leen said...

I want one...hehehe boleh ker mintak orang bg jemputan..:-P

muNm said...

akuhappyjer...... thank you for your wish.... when you said "tis will represent a symbol of love, truth, loyalty" it sounds so huge.... mcm takut plak...

leen, you will get one... your card dah siap.... tapi tak sempat nak hantar lg... br landing dr bangkok ni....

Anonymous said...

To be frank wit u, it is huge.....
ni ukan benda main2 laa....i've gone through all that...(baru 1 year plus laa)...but at least i can share somethin...
bile u dah kawin nnt, persefahaman is very important...dugaan mmg makin byk...yela when u dah hidup sama berdua, it will reveal everythin...u can see things u like and thing u dont like...than sacrifice has to be made laa...kdg2 kite terpaksa stop benda yg kite suke wat...kite terpaksa byk mengalah...kite terpksa ubah attitude kite sket n mcm2 g laa...but all that utk kebahagiaan rumah tgga.so berbaloi la kan...anyway jgn takut laaa...sume org pun kawin...dun worry laaa... bak kata acha septriasa "berdua lebih baik" huk huk huk....

shahnon said...

Finally! congrats mun! :D

muNm said...

akuhappyjer, i know the are sacrifice to be made tp biler buat for someone you love, it's won't be that tough...hopefully. thanks for the advice anyway.... & be happy selalu... hehe

shahnon, thanks for your wish.

Jo Kontan said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

InsyaAllah semuanya akan Selamat. Semoga Berbahagia Selamanya.



Banyak2 bersabar tauu..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...