Friday, August 04, 2006

Wangi Jadi Saksi

An attempt to be cultured and also out of curiousity, I went to see Wangi Jadi Saksi play at Panggung DBP last Saturday. After stucked in Saturday afternoon traffic jam, we arrived there 10 minutes late and thank God they just opened the door when we arrived.

The story was very simple actually if you understand. It's about Dang Wangi who was Hang Jebat's wife (I didn't know this. All I know was Balai Polis Dang Wangi. Hehe) who witnessed the conflict between Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat. This story was told with flasbacks. According Dang Wangi's story, Jebat was not killed by Tuah but by Patih Kerma Wijaya. Furthermore, during the 7 days and 7 nights of 'fighting' between Tuah and Jebat was actually more of a talk and discussion between both of them. Hmmm.... (Now I'm more confuse of history than I already have since secondary school).

After the play finished, there's a Q&A session with casts, writer and producer. Even U-Wei Hj Shaari (he wrote this) himself explained about the play. They even distributed notes about acting in theatre. (Now I understand what bullshit ruang-ruang that Adlin always said in the AF. The notes explained the ruang-ruang we have in a play. No wonder la he always stress that stuff.) Soon I found out that day they have this session because there's a lot of student attending the play.

This play was not as majestic as PGL The Musical. Even the prop they used looked not very nice. Something that prevent me from fall asleep was the present of ninja-ninja (they were the production team). All I can say is that after this, the attempt of culturing myself will be limited to musical theatre only. No heavy drama like this, especially when your BM result was a shame to your BM teachers. Hihi.

Anyway, this is more details and more academic (!) la review from shahnon.

The gang with Vanidah Imran as Dang Wangi.

(Amik gambar ni dari blog shahnon) The opening curtain. I try to read it, but half way I forgot what I read earlier. Alamak, ni la akibat dah lama sangat tak baca jawi. Merangkak-rangkak.

2 comments:

shahnon said...

more academic? ahah, takdelahh :p

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...