Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Story of a Love


This is the story of my cousin...

My cousin, X (not the real name) was coupled with Y (not the real name) for 6 years. So this year they decided to engage. But apparently Y parents not very excited about this coz they postponed it 2 times when my uncle and aunt wanted to visit them. Their reasons were unacceptable such as there were too many wedding they have to attend, too many people going to hajj and they have to visit etc. Finally they agreed on a date and all the preparations was on the way.

Until a week before the engagement, Y father called X to ask about the hantaran and all. X frankly told Y's father to discuss that matter with his parents on the engagement day. But Y's father was furious and told Y that X was hard to deal with even before marrying Y. He then called X's father and cancelled the engagement.

X was furious (and he also quite stubborn la, no doubt) and agreed with all things. We asked him to call Y and discussed about this but he refused. He refused to pujuk Y's father because he said that Y's father has hurted his father and must apologized to his father. At the end, they broke up.

Three months later, we (my family la) got a call from my aunt (X's mother) that X was going to get engaged. But with other girl, Z (not the real name too). We were shocked as X and Y was broke up just 3 months ago. I was wondering if this is the case of rebound guy? (Cleo had warned all girls about rebound guy, get away from them). But X insisted on it, and we just went along with him. X and Z even wanted to shorten their engagement period. Futhermore, Z's family was welcoming us with so much joy and happiness which is so opposite with Y's family.

Last Sunday, X came to our house. He always come to our house, so it's quite normal. After he went back, my grandma told me what he told her. X was very quiet person, so to have him talk was quite difficult. But that day, my grandma said he volunteered talking and telling my grandma about his feeling.

Apparently, Z wanted the whole marriage thing to go so fast. X was still in vague about the whole process. When asked about the ring which was about to give to Y, X said he gave Y as birthday present last month. He remembered that Y really like that ring when he bought it. He said he still can't forget Y. From what my grandma gathered, if Y wanted him back (of course she wants la, but the parents was the problem) X would definitely want her back too.

Well, from my view, I don't know if I can fall in love with other people and get married after just 3 months of knowing him. And, the break up was not even our fault. I felt pity with X and Y. They loved each other but Y's parents were selfish enough to acknowledge their love. (Don't give some bullshit about they are not suitable. Both are them are graduated accountant and my cousin came from good family). I don't know other people. Some people said that no matter how long you know him but if it's not your fate, you'll never be together too. Hmmm....

Ajal dan jodoh semuanya di tangan Tuhan.

1 comment:

Leen said...

x,y, z...you can't get away from algebra can you? hehehe..

Reading the whole story..all I can say is I pity them all..x.y and z, X can't figure out his feelings...y is trapped between love ones and parent's wish..and Z (what can you said about Z) she didn't know she is about to marry a guy who still have feeling for his X..(bad future move)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...