Saturday, August 04, 2007

All time obsession: scuba diving

Scuba diving is something I really really want to experience and at the same time obtain the Open Water PADI license. This obsession has started few years ago and it never faded away. So this is not hangat-hangat tahi ayam kind of thing.

My first plan was to get the license after graduating which are few months before I get a job. But no money la plak. Scuba diving is not a cheap hobby. You need at least RM 1400 to get the license. So the plan was abandoned. But the passion of learning scuba is still burning that I went to this one scuba shop in Bangi just to look around. But that one is quite expensive. Plus the guy that is quite annoying that he sms me a lot of time to make me join their class. They charged you RM1500 for whole package. So the plan was abandoned again.

So last 2 weeks, my boss asked me if I wanted to try an introductory class for scuba diving which cost RM60 only. I said why not, I mean it’s better to try one day than never try at all. So last week, I took half day leave and when to the Cheras with my boss and Zainal to experience scuba diving.

After that 1 day course, all I can said is WOW… It’s not that hard at all. I mean, I can swim down to 10 feet and stay underwater for 30 minutes. Of course I’m not perfect yet. I’m still out of balance, I still don’t know how to prevent getting dry throat and few other stuff but for someone who only using that SCUBA equipment for 1 hour, that was big achievement. (and same goes to Zainal and my boss… in fact my boss looks so natural, as if he has dived before. To tell the truth, I was kinda worst among the 3 people there… heheh).

That place runs by Major Kee who has own swimming pool and all the equipment situated in Cheras. The whole package is RM 699 (not including trip to Redang which is cost another RM400). This is the cheapest so far I have come through. It’s including 5 sessions and full use of the swimming pool and equipment. Means that even after that 5 sessions, you still come to that place and use all the equipment for free (no limited time). So if you think you need 10 more time to practice, just go there. It’s only applicable before you get the license la.

I want to join!!!… Mak even has approved (coz she knows that I’ve been bugging her for years) and also approve to sponsor 1/3 of the expenses (I don’t even asked her!). So right now, my path is clear. I’m just waiting for Zainal to make up his mind. Huhu…

Last night, I met Copot (who already has advanced license and aiming to get Divemaster license. Damn, I’m so jealous) and asked him everything about scuba. He showed his dive trip pictures and I’m so want to do that too… Tension la Copot… All I can think today is scuba diving. (lagi2 kena kerja hari Sabtu ni).

On second thought, it’s already raining season right now. Furthermore, middle of next month is already Ramadhan, then Raya. After Raya, the monsoon season starts in east coast. If I want to wait for end of monsoon season, then I have to wait till March… Waaa… that’s a long time to go… I already have my heart for scuba that I restrain myself buying new handphone even though Nokia 6110 Nagivator looks alluring.

So Zainal… cepat make up your mind!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...