Saturday, July 21, 2007

When working on Saturday

My company has declared 4 days of mass vacation during Raya. It was divided into 2 days before Raya and 2 days after Raya. However, we have to replace our leave on Saturdays. The replacement started today. Of all the days, TODAY… What’s so significant is today? Today is the release of Harry Potter final book!! And I obviously has booked it earlier at MPH. I was so excited to read the book after being disappointed by the latest Harry Potter film that I watched last week. Seriously, is this the same guy who directed the first Harry Potter film? Coz both was sucks. I know it’s hard to squeeze all the story in the Kamus Dewan thick Harry Potter book into 2 hours of movie, but give the film some credit la. Especially the part when Sirius Black died. He’s the only family that Harry Potter has and put la some emotion when Black died. Make it longer the scene to let the audience feel the loss and sorrow that Potter felt. But there’s nothing to be felt. Trust me, I can cried when anybody died in movies if given the right dose of emotion (I cried watching Four Brothers, 300 and all the action movie where they have somebody died. It’s normal ok. It showed that I have feeling and passionate about life. Huh).

Anyway, here I am stuck in the office doing nothing progressive cause my brain didn’t program to work on Saturdays. But fear not, I already applied for half day leave and after this I can rush to Mid Valley to collect my book with Zainal. Oh, he also one of the victim that couldn’t collect his book because he has to wait for me. Hehe…

I have this idea that guys don’t like to read books. Well most of the guys I know at least. Btw, magazine is not consider a book ok. Let’s be fair la, there are some girls who don’t read books too la. But not as many as guys la kan. However, if the guy read Harry Potter books only, it would meant a lot to me already. Because, Harry Potter has this ability to make want to know more when you read it. If you want to read Harry Potter to sleep you off, you make a grave mistake. Instead you will stay up all night long to finish up that book. This was not only happened to me only but few people I know. But there was a rare case that that person actually didn’t finish up a chapter and fell asleep and just stop reading that book It’s either she doesn’t understand English or she just doesn’t understand English. That’s the only reason I can’t think of. Oh yeah, maybe she can’t read.

Maybe I should do book review after I finish up reading that book. And other books too. Yup, like the travel tips I did. That’s remind me a book that I really recommend to all. Oh, that would be in the next post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...