Sunday, April 16, 2006

Makro - The Last Place to Shop

Makro used to the only hypermarket back then. Carrefour, Giant and Tesco weren't opened yet. I used to follow my parents but had to wait outside since Makro had this no entry for under 12 policy. It used to be hard to get a Makro membership. I remember some people actually had to borrow someone's else just to get in.

Then the birth of these 3 other hypermarket has at least help other people who wants to buy food for their family only, not the whole neighbourhood. You don't even need to be membership and 1 day baby can go in. At that moment, Makro has lost it's touched. Abang siap buang kad Makro dalam sungai mane tah (ke longkang?).

But today I went to Makro since I saw a paper shredder that Mak always wanted. (She does not specific any brand but the Makro's advertisements look ok). So Zainal and I went there. (Since Zainal wanted to impress my mom). Mak said no need the Makro card, just give your IC and that's ok. We found out that we need to fill out the form and (yay!) I add my collection of junk card.

Next, trying to pull (not push) the trolley. The trolley wasn't human friendly at all and we ended up knocking ourselves and others. Then, after choosing a paper shredder (it wasn't hard coz there's only 2 choices) we went to the food section (read: chocolate and junk food). It was hard to choose 1 food coz we have to think if we really want to eat 20 boxes of that particular food. After 3 rounds, we managed to choose Rocky, biscuit stick chocolate, only after we agreed to take 10 boxes each.

After finished picking up 4 items, time to pay. I managed to get Mak permission to use my credit card (that's explained the 20 boxes of chocolate. huhu). But the bad news was, they did not accept credit card except it's Maybank credit card (not even my Citibank which is accepted in more than 70 countries). WTF. At the moment, I was like how am I gonna paid this items? I got only 70 bucks. Luckily Zainal asked if we can used the Maybank ATM card and he have it. Thank God. If not, I have to ditch all the items and went back empty handed.

The moral of the story: Do not shop at Makro again. Even the checklist boy used lame pickup lines. Please la....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...