Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snowboarding in Beech Mountain, NC

I love going to new places.
I love to experience new things and learning new culture.
I love to get my adrenaline pumping and feel my heartbeat beating faster while enjoying the moment.
That is why I love extreme activity.

I love roller coasters.
I love scuba diving.
Now I love snow boarding.

The exhilarating moment when you go down the slope with wind slapping your face and the thought of not knowing how to stop was so unbelievable. Not forgetting the eerie feeling sitting on the ski lift that lift you high up without any handle bar to stop you from falling down while holding your snow board on your left foot.

But yesterday I let myself down. I knew I can do better than that. I was quite good at the play yard area. That area was for beginner, using just J lift to bring the skiers and boarders to higher slope. Then we decided to go higher slope using the ski lift. Once up there, I kept on falling down and after one third on the course I gave up. I couldn't even stand anymore as I was so tired to control my board sliding down before I stand up. So what I did? I walked down the slope with the board in my hands. Hahaha..

If this place is half hour or 1 hour away, I might go again. Rasa tak puas ok. I felt that I can do better than that. But then, it's 3 hours away and the season is going to be over in 1 week. Next season, I will start early and practice more. And buy a pair of good glove and bibs.

Here are some photos that we took.

Getting all excited and ready for the slopes. Bring it on!

Getting ready to down. Putting my right foot in the snow board. When you are not boarding, you unleash your right foot from the board and walk with it while the left foot still leash on the board. Oh, next time, I'm going to wear bibs for this. Jeans are not suitable for skiing/snow boarding. Habis basah lencun!

My partner that shares common interests (except roller coasters, tapi still kena paksa naik). He was quick to learn all the tricks for this. I tried to use it and failed. Haha.. The season is almost over (in 1 week time) and the snow is getting thinner and less powdery (which is quite painful when you fall down).

Me in action. I won't show you what happened after that. Let have this perfect image of me stay in your mind. Hahaha..

If my mom was here, she would said, nape la nak susahkan diri dan cari penyakit buat benda ni. Hahaha.. Yup, my butt hurts like hell and all my muscle is aching right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...