Friday, January 15, 2010

Looking back

It's Friday night and I have 2 invitations to party. But I decided that blog surfing is way more interesting (OMG, I'm so old!) and Zainal was diligently studying his security books. After bored to death surfing Amazon (after deciding online shopping is waay more interesting than reading about people who I didn't know), I started to harass my housemate to stop study. I think he's the one who should be taking this Master instead of me. Hehe. After being ignored few times and decided that I rather not knowing things that I can't afford, I decided to read my earlier posts. I wanted to see how I have grown all these years.

I started the blog in 2005. I should have started it earlier, capturing every moment of LASIK pains. But I didn't and I missed the story of the worst medical experience I ever had. Well, in 2005 I was 22 years old. I was the confused, funny and sometimes angry final year undergraduate student. When I read it, my life seemed in such a mess that it made a good blogging material. Hehe.

Funnily I think I prefer my previous writing than now. Now I'm just a boring 26 year woman who still confused, not funny anymore and always angry last semester Master's student. Where have all my sense of humour and my selamba (as in I-don't-care-what-people-think-of-me-unless-I'm-happy attitude) attitude gone? Apparently working life has changed me a little bit (more like a lot).

What I'm proud is that I still managed to continue this blog, even though I don't update it as much as before, I still keep the same URL, still using the same blogging site provider and most importantly still true to myself. I don't have to be hypocrite in my blog just because to make sure that people think I'm a nice person (come on!).

To tell the truth, it wasn't easy to be yourself without hurting people even though you are doing it unintentionally. There are few posts that caused trouble to myself but I managed to go through it. When I read it again, I realized this kind of things that happened in my life that tought me and that make me smile. It seems funny now compare to 4 years ago.

So, my new year resolution (I keep making new year resolutions konon-konon masih new year la kan.. haha): To keep on writing, not just the serious and boring stuff, but all the stuff that made me, me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...