Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Day

The Valentine's Day has come and go. As usual I was not too excited about this celebration due to the fact that a) people said it's Christian celebration and we shouldn't celebrate it and b) there was a bad experience on that date 3 years ago (or 4 years? I can't remember). But being in this country, this V-Day was celebrated widely. What I like here is instead of selling things at ridiculous high price where home country is practicing, here everything related to that event become cheaper. Chocolates especially is very cheap. So I would stocked my food cabinet with chocolate.

But this year, this day, or I like to call it Love Day, would be quite sad occasion as I don't have my loved one with me. Even though some students at Duke offered free hugs on Friday, but what I longing was hugs from the one I love, not some strangers.

However, something that put a smile on my face happened one day before Love Day. We have seminar every Friday evening and after that we have some reception. So far there's always a theme for every week i.e. Super Bowl, Chinese New Year and this week, Valentine's Day. So this week after the seminar finished, we played a group game. I was not in the mood and decided to just walk out. But it turned out that a group has found me and unbelievably we won the game! And I got this...

Thanks Aira for taking this picture for me. My camera is officially not working anymore until further repair.

Ahh.. at least I got something. Hehe.

And on the Love Day itself, I got a e-card from my beloved husband. A simple but very meaningful card that really really cheer me up. Every words was very meaningful to me. Thank you sayang. I love you so much.

Sometimes it takes a one specific day for someone to pour his/her heart out. Even though we need to tell our loved ones that we love them everyday, sometimes in our busy schedule, we just forgot to do it.

So readers, don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them.

2 comments:

Alice said...

And thanks for sharing the choc with me. It's certainly is yummy. And this is coming from a non-chocoholic. My fave is the pecan caramel!

muNm said...

well, thanks sharing the day with me... chocolate tu memang sedap...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...