Monday, November 17, 2008

3 Choices

Choices. Yes, we made a lot of it in our life. From the simplest choice of what shoes you want to wear today to the hardest choice of who will you be married. The harder the choice the longer times taken to make the decision.

Right now I have to make a decision from 3 choices.

Choice 1: Received first. Therefore I'm so excited and lead to next big decision, resigned from work. I thought this was the only choice and started contacting all the relevant people. The pros: a lot of Malaysian here. Even my ex-schoolmate is here and I already contacted him. My close friend in UM only few hours from here. The cons: It's not what my sponsor want according to the early mention. The course outline was not clear too.




Choice 2: Unexpected. Especially when previously I did a preliminary qualification questions and they send an email stated that I most likely I'm not going to get it due to low GRE verbal marks. The pros: Top rated place. The course is very comprehensive. I can choose many area to be specialize in. Top Biomed Eng Program in the country. The cons: Hardly any Malaysian there. In fact only few which is doing Ph.D. Located in suburban area. Takde snow banyak sangat (penting ke? hehe)



Choice 3: I heart this. At first. Then during the application, they made macam-macam request, I thought maybe they didn't want me (since I applied after the deadline) and they just want to entertain me and keep my hope high. The Pros: Unexpectedly I received this with additional cherry on top - an extra money straight to my aacount. Many Malaysians there too. Located in the city. Another top rated place and many Malaysians actually recognize this rather than Choice 2. The cons: Late result means that I already made my decision. The course choice to specialize not as intresting as Choice 2.


After thinking carefully on which area actually I wanted to specialize and what my goal actually, decided to take Choice 2. Even though with that confident choice, I still has doubt and when I receive letters from my sponsor, then I knew it that Choice 2 is the place I'm going to be at least for the next 1.5 years.

Hope my choice is the best one and will bring me success in the future spiritually, mentally, physically and socially.

But still. Takut.

5 comments:

shahnon said...

All the best!

Leen said...

let me tell you something about snow. Once you got over the white joy feeling (like in 30 minutes). You'll be running straight for hot cocoa and warm cozy place to curl-up, next thing you know, you'll be praying for warm sunshine ray all through winter.

(However I do miss it when it's sweltering hot here)

However Good Luck!

muNm said...

shahnon, thank you!!

leen, i want to feel the white joy feeling... hehe... well, u r right. sejuk kat office pun tak boleh tahan, ni nak snow byk2 plak... hehe

drEamLoVer said...

when will you be going?all the best mun! :)

muNm said...

Lina, early jan ni InsyaAllah pergi... thanks for the wish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...