Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Till the end of our life... not till anak cucu

During my reception last month, I wanted to use the wedding guest book given by Suraya and Liyana during my akad nikah. But after long thinking, it wasn't the best idea coz 1) the main entrance might become congested due to people who's going to write in that book and 2) number of people who wrote might be less coz lazy to queue and wait. So I come out with this idea. I put a small card in each guest place and 2 pens in each table for them to write at their own time during the reception.



After the reception over, my family would collect all the card. Although we didn't get the same amount on the guest number, but the cards were almost 300 has been collected. I think there's no other wedding did this right? Hmm... as far as I've attended la.

The next day, we would read together. It was fun actually. Mostly the wish was usual 'semoga bahagia hingga anak cucu'. Some drew pictures, my cousins took this opportunity to show their talent in manga and promote themselves. Some give witty advices like ' let the wife makes big decisions and let the husband makes major decisions' and some others I can't remember. Some were shy to put their names and just said from Hamba Allah. Some table were so lazy, they combine the whole table name in one card. The proud RMC Old Puteras proudly put OP in front of their name. One of our friend even mention about the slide show I bermati-matian prepared and one would like to give Choki a girlfriend.

Ok, that's not my main point. The main point is why people like to say bahagia sampai anak cucu. Why anak cucu only? After that are they not happy anymore. I don't want that. I want sehingga akhir hayat. With today's medical advancement, human lives longer. Like my grandma, she still lives to see her cicit. That's why, when you pray (wishes is a kind of prayer from you) please say until end of their life.

Furthermore, nowadays, if you notice, divorce among couple who has been married for more than 20 years has risen. I don't know why but this is serious is my opinion. What happened if you have seen your parents being together for all your 25 years alive, and suddenly decided they don't happy and don't want to be together anymore. It's sad right. I couldn't imagine thing like that happen to me. That's why, I don't want bahagia sehingga anak cucu, but until the end of my life; either 85 years old or 45 years old, I don't care.

I always take people wishes seriously because their wishes are their prayer for us. If 40 people pray for our happiness, somehow Allah will granted the prayer right. What people said la. So imagine if 300 people wishes happiness until of your life, surely, God granted you love and happiness in your heart even in toughest moment of your life.

So since the wedding session is coming during this school holiday, please wish the newlyweds happiness with each other until the end of their life. 'Semoga jodoh berkekalan' tapi tak bahagia pun takde gunanya juga.

1 comment:

Leen said...

Kind of make sense..well I guess it goes back ages ago when the mortality rate is quite low and if you live to be 60's and see your grandchildren then you hit the jackpot.

Anyway in one of our crazier moment at the table we thought about taking the pen home...hehehe. To bad it's not Montblanc...so we leave it.

I don't think you need to buy pen supply anymore...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...