Thursday, June 20, 2013

The T junction

There is a time in your life where you need to make huge decision  for your future. It’s always between these two choices: either I want to stay with something I’m familiar with or I want to do something new and always wanted to do. And always in human nature, we prefer to do something we familiar with, whether that something we familiar with is something we like or don’t like. We always scared with the unknown but at the same time we want to try new things in the comfort of the old ones.  

When I come this junction again in my life (for some reason my life journey always meet this kind of junction), my usual competitive and adventurous inner voice will always ask to take the something new turn. However, I also want to do the familiar things, brush up a bit, add more meat and become an expert. But I don't have any passion in the this familiarity. I do it coz I need to do it as what people expected me to do it. I’m no expert but I quite good in things that I don't have passion in. So should I stick to the things that I know?

I don’t know, for once I really want to venture something that I really like, but I don’t know if what I like will help me in the future. The last time I took something I like had me into trouble of getting a job that I enjoy. But then, that particular inner voice keep on telling me that if I do something that I like, I will enjoy it and I will do it great. I agree with that. I really want to be great at something. Something that worth sharing to the world, something that can help someone in this world. I want to be that person.

So what will I choose?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...