Saturday, June 15, 2013

A trip to Niah Cave

Today...

I visited the oldest recorded human settlement in East Malaysia dated 40,000 years ago.

Walked 8 km non-stop for 4 hours (ok, with 5 minutes break in between) with my left ankle that still not heal.

Climbed hundreds of stairs in dark with bats and swiftlets' feces covering the trail.

And...

I was amazed with the breathtaking view of the nature.

Awed with the greatness of Allah's creation.

Thankful with the opportunity of time, money and most important, health that Allah still give to me.



I can't feel my legs right now and I don't want my hands to be the next one to get tired, so I'll let the pictures tell my story.
Crossing the river with 1-minute boat ride
yeay.. Eager to start the journey.
Entering Trader's Cave. That bamboo sticks hanging from the rooftop was used by people to collect swiftlets' nest.
And the journey began into the cave

This is how dark is the cave. Please buy a good torch light.


For some reason I kinda like light in the hole here.
Gan Kira, just before the Painted Cave. Painted Cave was closed, so this was the last stop before we need to turn back.


View along the way to the cave (3 km walk)
Creatures along the way
And time to head home....


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...