Thursday, February 09, 2012

Watching Duke basketball

I know I'm lying if I said I don't miss my life back in US. I've been dreaming in my sleep about places in US these past few weeks. Like I dreamed I went shopping in Marshall's and picnic at Duke Garden. But today, the event that took place in Duke made me missed Durham even more. What else than Duke vs UNC basketball rivalry.

I missed watching Duke basketball live, whether in the stadium itself, with other Dukies around the campus TV or at my apartment. The energy was amazing. To watch live in Cameron Indoor Stadium itself, you have to queue up to 2 hours or more, no matter if it is in winter or spring. Then in the stadium, there's no seating area for the graduate students. So the whole 2 hours game, you are standing up. You are jumping, cheering and shouting all the time. It is so crazy. Crazy beautiful.

This afternoon Malaysia time, there's a match between Duke and UNC at UNC ground. I was following the live updates from tweeter. UNC was leading all the way but few minutes before the game over, Duke was catching up. But the last 10 seconds, something wonderful happened. Austin Rivers got hold the ball and threw it for 3-pointer. The ball went into the hop when the clock turned to zero. And guess what? Duke won by just 1 point. You should see the face of all UNC.. haha.

There's a tradition in Duke, when we won against UNC, we will burn the benches.. Yup, those benches was build for that. The first semester I went to Duke, no benches got burned but lately I realized Duke must been building a lot of benches nowadays. Haha. I witnessed one burning ceremony during my last semester. Again, crazy! Don't worry, we got permit to do that.

Below are the pictures took when I was there in 2010 win!



Waaaa.. I want to go back to Duke, Durham and US. Even just for visiting. Hmmm.. maybe I should ask my company to send me there someday ;)

Ps: there is a saying in Duke and it is GTHC which mean Go To Hell Carolina! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...