Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow snow snow everywhere

Late January 2015, we heard that a winter storm is coming to Northeast. It was predicted so bad that we have travel ban and all public transportation stop working. Well, the storm never left Boston. From 26 January to 20 February, Boston has received 96 inches of snow. Every week we heard a storm is coming, and it actually came and disrupt all our plan.

The first storm was Juno and people actually quite excited about it. We went out, walked around the deserted road, jump into the fluffy snow and went sledding on the second day. Then came second, third and fourth (is there fifth storm? I lost count) snow storm and at this point people just want to stop.

Traveling has become a challenge. Bus stops have no proper place to wait. Trains are not running. Walking needs extra caution, you either walk in the snow or slippery ice. Sometimes you have to brave the wind chill. It is essential that you wear water-proof boots.

 Now the storm has quietly receded since last weekend. We even got above zero degrees Celsius on Sunday. What a happy day! I hope the weather stays this way and slowly melting the snow. What I can say is that I have never seen so much snow in my life until this 1 month and I think I have enough of it.

 Spring, please come faster! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...