Tuesday, November 05, 2013

There will be happy me only

I was chatting with my previous stakeholder on how I missed supporting their team back in KL. Their team has changed few people including him and he told me it was not the same as previous team that I supported. He laughed when I said his team was very happy and always make me happy whenever I came. He told me that we as human always remember the good memories of our previous places when we are suffering the current situation. We always forgot why we want out in the first place and just because we are familiar with the previous place, we tend to just remember the good things not the bad things.

I never thought of that before. I admitted that I made that mistake too. I only remember the good memories which making me miserable at my current situation. And when I moved to another place, I will only remember the good things of my current situation and again feeling miserable. I know this 10 months of miserable experience that I'm feeling right now will be forgotten as miserable and I will remember the good memories only.

When that happened, I will always feel miserable and never satisfy what I have now. I will living in my past, replaying the good old memories and forgot to live my present life. I will miss the enjoyment that I have now, lost in past and let opportunities to pass by my life. I will hope for better future but didn't do anything at present to ensure future will be better.

Therefore this new year 1435 Hijriah, I want to change that mindset. I will cherish the good memories, learn from bad experiences and most importantly live the present to the fullest. I will not regret what I should have done but fix it now so that there will no regret in the future.

Salam Hijrah everyone. Hope the new year bring more blessed moments and happiness to all of us around the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...