Friday, September 07, 2012

Never win

When I came back from States, I got complacent of not working. I told my husband that i'm going to be a housewife. Obviously husband is not happy especially when I just finished my post-grad. Might as well I just stay here if that I want to be. I told him many justifications - when I was working in factory previously, I knew the operators salary even combined with his wife is lesser than husband's and they can survived. Why can't we?

Quietly my husband took my hand and looked into my eyes (ok, I added this to have more dramatic impact) and said,"yes we can survived. No doubt. But we can't afford to travel and have vacations. The best we can have is Port Dickson."

You know what my husband did? He touched on the most sensitive topic. My favourite hobby: travelling. Nobody can say no to me when it comes to travel (except my wallet, of course). I rather not owning a single Coach handbag as long as I can travel (when Coach is super duper cheap in US). I was quite taken back about that actually and my job hunting after that had never been so serious. Haha.

Now, whenever I felt like quitting my job, I just remember this and try to find the motivation to stay on. I have made another KPI for us, I want to go to haj before we are 40, and for streched target (OMG, I sound like my boss) I want to go before 35. For that, I need to work so that I can help my husband to save for the fifth rukun Islam.

For now, Kate Spade and LV that i've been eyeing will take a backseat (why always handbags that need to sacrifice? Hehe).

What is the learning here? Know your partner. If my husband said something else, I might not bought it. Knowing what important to me has made his reasons easy for me to accept. In the end, I always lost talking to him.. ceettt

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...