Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The little girl asked...

A 10-year-old girl: Can I join a trip to Malacca organised by my sekolah agama this coming school holidays? Ustaz and ustazah will join too.
Dad: No, you can't. There will be boys and the teachers won't be able to monitor all of you.
A 10-year old girl: Hmmm... Ok.

A 11-year-old girl: Dad, can I go to the Girls' Scout camping organised by the district Girls' Scout? Only few  girls are chosen from my school.
Dad: No, you can't.
A 11-year-old girl: But why? There would be no boys. It's all girls camping activities.
Dad: The teachers would be able to take care all of you. You might not be safe.
A 11-year-old girl: Hmmmmm... Ok.

A 12-year old girl (still trying her luck): Can I join the camping organised by school at the end of the year? It's for all Standard 6 students after finishing UPSR. Almost everybody is going to go.
Dad: No, you can't. Remember what I said about the boys.
A 12-year-old girl: Hmmmmmmmmm... Ok.
Dad: If you really want to go camping, I'll bring you one day.

That girl refused to join any uniform club at secondary school as she knew she won't be able to go anywhere for any activity.

A 16-year-old girl: My club is having an overnight activities at school this weekend. Can I go? I mean, I have to go coz I'm the secretary of that club. We will stay overnight at school and of course teachers will be there.
Dad: No, you can't. 
A 16-year-old girl: But dad, my teacher made it compulsory to attend this.
Dad: It's ok. I'll fetch you when the activities are over at night and send you first thing in the morning so you don't miss anything. I'll talk to the teachers.
A 16-year-old girl: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A 18-year-old: Weeeeeee.... I got a good result for my SPM. I'm going to apply to further my study oversea.
Mom & Dad: *Quietly praying she didn't get it*
A 18-year-old girl: I can't believe I was rejected. All my friends is going away! I work hard for this and yet... T_T

Two years later that girl found out that 'somebody' that knew 'someone' in the committee asked that 'someone' to reject her application. She was furious.

And... At 19-year-old, that girl still hasn't experienced any camping with her dad. One day her dad told her to go any camping she was interested in coz he's quite old to bring her. At that point, that girl felt that she was too old to experience camping for the first time while her friends were seasoned campers. 

A 27-year-old (married, have stayed overseas for 1.5 years and traveled alone more that twice): My husband and I will move out and rent a house near our office by end of this month.
Mom & Dad: *2 weeks of silence treatment to them*

That 27-year-old was accused of being ungrateful by others because she wanted to move out to build her own family with her HUSBAND. 

Suddenly all the bloodbaths, wars and protests across the world in the name of freedom make sense to her. People will do anything for freedom. And she will.

4 comments:

Wira Nordin said...

Moon,
i do understand...
i support you

muNm said...

Thanks Wira.... I will be strong for all this.

Silly Bunny Nuwwul said...

Yes, I know u can do it...sabar yer :) if not sampai bile..

Dina said...

Stand your Ground :)

Mun, email me at deensy@gmail.com pls, want ur email add
thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...