Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Making of a Great Bed

When I said it's a great bed, it is because I assembled them alone. The steps of assembling it was pretty easy. But when you do it alone with heavy oak that weighs like tonnes, it become very challenging. I had to use a tissue box as a wedge to level the frame so that it would be easily screwed. A good engineer would said that it was one stupid idea as the tissue box managed to hold it for good 5 minutes before it decided that it's too much to handle. Hehe.

The second challenging aspect of this process that deserved a post on his own that I need to finish it before break fast and at that time it was already 7 pm. I managed to finish it on time but the consequences was I have to eat frozen pizza for breakfast and Maggi for sahur.

The pieces that ready to be assembled by the great engineer-not-in-practice. Haha.The finished product. A full size bed. It's a very good deal that I get from Duke librarian that wanted to get rid of this thing from her house. The mattress is still firm and comfortable. It felt like never been used. But don't worry, I'll be using it a lot.

The bed with my new 100% Egyptian cotton and 320 thread count bed sheet. I love white colour bed sheet because it looked so tempting to get on the bed and sleep. The brown comforter match the carpet accidently. Hehe. I'll find a matching duvet cover soon. =)

Credit to William for helping me carried this to my room. And driving U-Haul truck without a license. And showed me how easy to drive a truck. I wish a have a picture of myself driving it. Hehe.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Proud of u! You show how 'strong' you are.

Oh, mmg kena ader license khas utk drive U-Haul track eh? Dulu masa I tlg K.Linda Atlanta pindah, hubby dier pun bwk track yg giler besar (husband dier is no bigger than Parie pun, huhu) and I kelakar sbb Parie ikut skali jadi kelindan.. =p *really should have picture of those, kt Msia kte tak buat semua benda2 survivor nie, haha*

muNm said...

Thank u.. thank u.. hehe

Tak perlu license khas utk bawak U-Haul. William hari tu tak bawak wallet dier, so lesen yg biasa tu pun dier xde. Tp the truck surprisingly agak senang nak bawak & maneuver. I kena bawak jugak pasal nak hantar truck tu balik from my home. I dah terpikir nak amik gambar, tp kitorg kelam kabut psl dah lambat nak gi klas lepas tu..

Leen said...

well done...tissue box as wedges..hmmm just be greatful none of our lecturer are reading this.(although they might applaud your creative sense of thinking outside the box..or more like with the box ;-)

muNm said...

Leen, i can imagine if siew cheok knows.. 'kamu sudah gila ka' on top of his lung.. i wonder if he still like that atau dah berubah? hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...