Thursday, August 27, 2009

Salam Ramadhan

This is not the first time I'm not fasting in Malaysia. But this is the first time I fast alone. Like with no family members or roommates or housemates to share iftar and sahur.

The last 5 days I was strong. I took it as dinner and during sahur I too sleepy to think. But today, my heroic self cracked. I felt so lonely. I wish I was eating with someone. It's impossible to wish that I can break my fast with my husband or family at this time but having someone to eat with would be something possible. Today, even Chuck couldn't take my loneliness away. He always teman me eating my iftar.

Again, this semester, there's no Muslim Malaysian aka Malay in Duke that I knew of. After Dian went back to Malaysia (after I only knew her 2 months before Spring Semester ended), I'm the sole survivor in Duke.

Well, I know I can do this. I'm going to Raleigh tomorrow after 'Night with Industries' event. At least there are a lot of Malaysians someone to break the fast with.

Oh, I wish all my friends Salam Ramadhan Al-Mubarak. May this month bring more goodness in us and chance to us to ibadah more.

Ps: I missed going to terawih with my husband. =( And I missed Bazaar Ramadhan too... but not as much as I missed him.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I feel u... =( Already imagine my days after Saturday the 7th (I mmg mcm nie, org enjoy the presence, I love to spoil the presence thinking about the future)

We'll have some fun today (Friday) and tomorrow kay..

Hang on there..

m-azian said...

ouh..fasting alone, tell me bout it. Living in m'sia, yet i have to endeavor it all alone - except for weekends.

be strong... pejam celik pejam celik..

muNm said...

Aira... I'm so refresh after open puasa at Raleigh over the weekend. Though not many works have been done.. hehe

Masni... I feel you. I'm learning to be strong everyday now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...